Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Are you ready?

As I got up this morning, even earlier than usual, I had one thing on my mind.  Was I ready?  You see, I am a mom of Faith, with soon to be four children in the public school system.  We have enjoyed a wonderful summer so far!  I have had the blessing of seeing growth both physically and spiritually in my kids in the last few months.  When I think about them going back to school, I can allow myself to worry if their faith will be diminished, when once again they become surrounded by the secular for several hours a day.  Then I remember that 'worry' is a sin.  It shows lack of trust in God who has my best interest at heart, but not just mine, my children's too.  Most times,  the growth we experience in our spiritual walk is preceded by trials and difficulties.  A good friend once told me that if I find myself outside of my comfort zone, then I'm probably right where God wants me.  Well, public school is definitely outside of my comfort zone!  Knowing this tidbit....I must be getting ready to 'grow'!  I have determined to make the best!  I will be a prayer warrior, vigilant to situations and circumstances that will require discussions with my children and extra prayer with my savior and theirs.  I will be the best example I can be to those around me and teach my children to be lights.  I will try my best to remember that those around us, may see us as the only examples of 'lives of faith' that day.  I want to be, and I want to teach my children to be, the best ambassadors for Christ that we can be.  I pray that all you parents will join me as I commit to praying over our children each day.  I will be praying for God's blessings, God's protection, and also for opportunities to be His hands and feet wherever the day takes these kids of ours.  I will try to remember at all times that these children were His before they were mine, and that His plans for their lives are far better than any plans I could come up with.  I will purpose to not get in the way of the blessings He has planned for them by hovering and keeping them in a bubble.  Instead I will encourage and support them as they grow, right where they are, comfortable or not.  I will remember each day that He said, "For I know the plans I have for you,...They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11  I am so thankful that God spoke this for not only me, but for everyone, including our children!

No comments:

Post a Comment